- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 Cup green onions, chopped (plus some for garnish)
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
1. Pierce one of the sweet potatoes with a fork. Wrap it in a damp paper towel and place it in a small bowl with 1/2 inch of water. Microwave for 7-9 minutes, or until tender.
2. Let the sweet potato sit for 5 minutes. Then drain the water, peel the potato, and mash it with a fork.
3. Take the other 3 sweet potatoes and peel them. Then grate them on a box grater using the large holes. In your bowl of grated sweet potatoes, add the previous mashed potato, the 2 eggs, flour, sea salt, and green onion. Combine with a spoon.
4. In a skillet, pour coconut oil and heat over medium until your cast iron is hot. If you have a thermometer, it should read 350 degrees. Then drop in sweet potato "cakes" in about 2-3 tablespoon batches. Flatten them with a spatula. Cook on each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Once cooked, place on a plate with paper towels to drain the oil.
6. Serve hot!