- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pitas (Greek-style flatbread)
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Tzatziki sauce
Tzatziki Sauce: (if you want to make your own)
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cold plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ? cup chopped dill
- Juice of ½ medium lemon)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ? teaspoon black pepper
1. Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor (if you are going to make your own sauce, you can buy your own at the store too).
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Season chicken breasts with mediterranean seasoning. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
4. Lay pitas on a clean surface. Add lettuce (if desired, chicken, red pepper strips, and onions. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta (if desired). Fold pita over like a sandwich, and enjoy!!