1. Wash and peel the green skin off the zucchinis with a potato peeler.
2. Hold on to the head of the zucchini and place the julienne peeler at the top of the zucchini. Gentle press down and drag the peeler to the end. You will instantly have a strip of noodles! Repeat this until you get to the center and start to see seeds. Then flip it over and do the same thing on the other side of the zucchini.
3. Preheat your oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet (or two, depending on how much you are making) with paper towels and spread the noodles over the baking sheet evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Place the baking sheet of noodles in the oven for 30 minutes. I promise the paper towels won’t catch on fire! This causes the noodles to “sweat” and release a lot of their water which will prevent your dish from becoming watery when you cook the noodles.
5. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Then, pick up the paper towels, wrap them around the noodles and squeeze out the liquid. You will be amazed at how much water you get out of them!
6. At this point they are ready to cook whenever you are ready to eat them. You can saute' them in your oil of choice for about 6-7 minutes or you can simmer them in a sauce and allow them to soften.
MY FAVORITE WAY TO COOK THEM :
My Favorite way to prepare these is my Pesto Chicken Sausage Recipe, but there are MANY other ways you can prepare them.
1. Cut up 1 package of chicken sausage of your choosing (I usually use Sun-dried tomato). Dice up 3 tomatoes and some garlic.
2. Saute in a skillet then simmer on low heat.
3. Take the zucchini noodles and saute them in a separate pot with some olive oil and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in your pesto sauce of your choosing to the zucchini noodles. Then add the rest of your ingredients in the skillet.
5. Top with some parmesan cheese and you're set!
(These noodles are also great for Shrimp Scampi!)