- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Canola oil
- Black pepper
- About 10 strips of apple-smoked bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Warm Herb Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons, heaping, honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
Warm Herb Vinaigrette:
Whisk all of the ingredients together for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400°, and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss the cubed sweet potatoes with a couple of drizzles of the oil, plus a couple of pinches of salt and black pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender; allow to cool slightly until warm.
3. Turn the roasted sweet potatoes out into a large bowl, and add in the chopped bacon, cranberries, blue cheese, pecans and parsley; drizzle in some of the Warm Herb Vinaigrette, toss to coat, and check to see if any additional salt and pepper is needed.
4. Serve warm as a sweet potato side dish.