- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, I usually use roasted red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pat the chicken dry. Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with minced garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus and the opposite side, so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with paprika.
4. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.