8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup 2% milk
3 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, cooking turkey sausage until golden brown. Transfer your fully cooked meat to a bowl to cool. Add olive oil to the pan, then add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add cooked mushrooms to the bowl with the turkey sausage.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites and your milk. Add in salt and pepper to your liking. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Drop a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
4. Top each muffin tin with sprinkled cheese. Then use a spoon or mix each of the muffin cups evenly.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are just beginning to turn brown. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
ENJOY! Perfect for the on-the-go breakfast!