Ingredients for 8 spring rolls:
- 8-10 rice papers
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrot sticks
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 20-25 cooked and thawed shrimp with tail removed
- Optional: sesame seeds for sprinkling
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of rice vinegar
1. Begin by combining all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk. Then place the bowl in the fridge to chill.
2. Prepare your vegetables by washing them first. Then, slice carrots, cucumber, and bell peppers into short thin sticks.
3. Remove cilantro and romaine from stocks and bunches.
4. Make sure shrimp are thawed and tails are removed and have sesame seeds out and ready for sprinkling.
5. Before beginning to roll, watch this quick HOW TO video for preparing the rice papers and this VIDEO for rolling them. (video links below)
6. Dip rice papers in a bowl of water for 2-3 seconds remove them, add shrimp, then veggies and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and roll.
7. Don't forget to remove your dipping sauce from the fridge before enjoying!
HOW TO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pu1Pcf-adY
Recipe submitted by Katie Seaton, Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern