1.5 pounds ground turkey breast
2 cups loosely packed spinach, finely chopped
1 can cannellini beans drained, rinsed and partially mashed
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Butternut Squash noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients (except marinara & noodles) into a bowl and form small meatballs.
3. Place meatballs on the parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven for a total of 45 minutes.
4. When you have 15 minutes left of meatball baking time, heat up the marinara sauce and prep butternut squash noodles. I buy my noodles from the store pre-spiraled then I lay them on a cookie sheet with an olive oil drizzle and cook them for 10-15 minutes.
5. Assemble plates with the squash noodles, marinara sauce and a few meatballs.
6. Top with fresh mozzarella or parmesan cheese to enjoy.
Recipe submitted by Katie Seaton, Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern