- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 oz can of Las Palmas enchilada sauce (this my personal favorite)
- 2 cups of a Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ cup of diced onion
- ½ cup of diced olives
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- guacamole (store-bought or homemade) *optional
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt for topping *optional
1. Coat a large skillet pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add ½ cup of diced onion and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add already cooked chicken and spices to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Next add enchilada sauce. Let cook for 2 minutes.
4. Cut corn tortillas into fourths and add to pan.
5. Stir ingredients and add the diced tomato.
6. Let cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in one cup of cheese.
8. Top the rest of the skillet with 1 cup of cheese and olives. Turn of heat and cover pan.
9. Let cook 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted, then serve!
10. Top with guacamole, sour cream or whatever you please.
Recipe submitted by Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern, Katie Seaton