- 6 round peppermint hard candies
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1- 8 oz bag of pretzel twists (Gluten-free pretzels are my favorite!)
- Parchment paper
1. Lay parchment paper down on to a baking pan or plate.
2. Take a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to 6 peppermints in a sealable bag.
3. Layout pretzels on parchment paper that are not smashed and in perfect pretzel twist condition.
4. Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave. Stir every thirty seconds. It took 2 minutes for me to melt my chocolate. You may need to re-melt chocolate if you do not dip pretzels quick enough.
5. Dip bottom half of pretzel twist into melted chocolate, set the pretzel down on parchment paper, and sprinkle with peppermint bits.
6. Store in the freezer.
Recipe submitted by Katie Seaton, Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern