- 1 jar of maraschino cherries with stems!!! (this is so important)
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds (for ears)
- 1 small bag of Hershey kisses (for head)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red food gel (nose)
- Black food gel (eyes)
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet/or other surface
1. Place cookie sheet or surface you will use in the freezer.
2. Remove maraschino cherries from the jar. Pick out cherries that are still connected to their stem, set aside in a bowl.
3. Unwrap Hershey kisses according to how many cherries you have.
4. Pour out a bowl of almond sliver and match ears together.
5. Pull out parchment paper.
6. Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments until chocolate is thin and easy to stir with all chips melted.
7. Pull out cold sheet from the freezer.
8. Quickly dip cherry into melted chocolate.
9. In the air, combine cherry with Hershey kiss and lay down softly on parchment paper.
10. Quick add almond ears between the cheery and Hershey kiss.
11. Continue this process until all mice are made then freeze.
12. 15 minutes later add red noes and two black eyes to each mouse using the food gel.
13. Store in the freezer.
Recipe submitted by Katie Seaton, Carpe Diem Nutrition Intern